Search This Blog

Monday, January 01, 2024

New Year

As we were both feeling under the weather, we went to bed early and slept through the traditional NYE celebrations. We needed a good night's sleep. Jasper had other ideas. He was aware that another exhibition of his operatic talents would not be appreciated so, instead, he gobbled down his food and at 03:20 this morning vomited it up over the landing and our bedroom carpet. Our first conscious activity of 2024 was cleaning up cat vomit.

Despite the interrupted night, I managed to sleep in until 07:30.

The day has been very low-key. Diane caught up on some laundry and I exercised the carpet cleaner on the marks from last night. Fortunately, the stains seem to have lifted. 

I extracted the whole journal/blog for 2023 and converted it from HTML to MsWord format. I started to apply the various formatting and style changes required to create the hardcopy journal. It is a slow process but I have managed to get the first couple of weeks of January 2023 formatted and ready. There's just 50 more weeks to go!

In the early afternoon, I managed to get an hour or two with my latest book before starting to prepare dinner. I heard from Trevor. He wants to revisit our cruise options. We'll try to have a joint Zoom call on Wednesday.

No comments: