Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2024

Now that is better

It was incredibly misty when I got up. I double-checked that I was wearing my glasses but had to conclude it was the weather, not my eyesight. I popped around the corner to walk Ellie to school and then came home for breakfast. Zoe hoped to hear about her new posting this morning, but that has been postponed until Thursday lunchtime, so we are waiting for the white smoke.

After a few domestic chores, Diane settled down to her sewing. I returned to the journals. With the proposed changes to the "Lulu" interface and particularly the cover creation tools, I created some dummy books with the correct covers. These can then be revised with the proper content when it is ready, without changing the covers.

Talking of the journals, I returned to the full edit of the 1980s. This has taken me most of the day but is not finished. Though I have got as far as 1989, I still have 60 pages to go.

The doorbell rang. It was the postman and clutched in his hand was the printed version of the 2023 journal. I grabbed the post and quickly unboxed the journal. I was delighted with the way it turned out. I am particularly pleased with the section dealing with our cruise and the way that the photos enhance the text. I just hope that the last few journals are as successful.

 

No comments: