Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Warmer but Colder

It was cold overnight. It may not be colder than yesterday or the day before but there was a hard frost this morning, unlike the previous crisp, clear mornings.

After the cousins' call, I settled down with the 2023 journal. I have now managed to complete the editing process. I may have one more quick pass, but suspect that it is ready for submission to "lulu.com" and a print run.

Di spent much of the day in her study working on her latest sewing project. She also spent a great deal of time wading through Amazon selecting a birthday present for her nephew.

I thought that I'd spend an hour in the Orangery with my book. The problem was that it was a lot warmer today (6c) but not as sunny. High clouds filtered the sun. Perversely, this meant that it wasn't as warm in the Orangery as there was little direct, unfiltered sunlight. In the end, I sat in the lounge for an hour, before returning to the computer and the 2023 edit.

No comments: