Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Boots

I felt that my cough (which won't go away) was sufficiently under control for a football game. My name was put on the list on Thursday. Remembering how busy the Arena can get, I left at 09:00 and whizzed across to Ford. It was a good job I had allowed plenty of time because I took the last parking spot. Never mind, this was my first Sunday game for a long time, and I was looking forward to getting my boots on.

Sometimes, it's the anticipation that kills you. Despite my eagerness to play, I was, at best, mediocre. I just could not click into gear. I defended well and stopped a lot of attacks. I also played some telling passes to my attackers, resulting in goals, but I never quite got my engine running. The game ended up honours even at 10-10, and I went home for a cup of tea and a shower.

Back home, Diane was working on a dress pattern. Once showered, I kept her company by working in the family room on the MacBook. I managed to complete the edit for May and June of 2023. By this point, the sun was streaming through the Orangery so we grabbed our Kindles and sat in the warmth of the weak winter sun reading until the sun dropped below the houses and the temperature dropped with it.

No comments: