Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Key to Success

Ellie was dropped off soon after 07:00. Darren had had to wake her and she was still half asleep when she came into us. She soon perked up and we supervised while she had breakfast and prepared for school.

Back home, after breakfast, I decided to make another attempt to solve the problem with Diane's iPad keyboard. I did not believe that there was a problem with the Logitech Slim Folio, but how could I get it to pair with the iPad? Most of the suggestions online offered the same advice. I had tried that multiple times, and each time it failed. I finally found a suggestion that was different from the rest. I tried that and voila we now have a fully functioning keyboard again.

We had the usual shopping excitement with the Ocado delivery and the Sainsbury's top-up. The accounts were brought up to date, and the "must-do" list was finished.

It was gloriously warm in the Orangery. It may have been hovering around 0C outside, but the sun had warmed the inside nicely. We sat and read our books until it was time to collect Ellie. Once home, I sat with her while she did some reading and then Nana helped her with her model of the Titanic while I prepared dinner.

We were just finishing dinner when Zoe arrived to collect Ellie. She has a later start and a shorter day tomorrow, so she will be able to join the walk to school in the morning.

No comments: