Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Published

I had a gentle start to the day. Some coffee and toast while reading the news followed by changing for football.

Again I was glad that I left early. The car park was filling rapidly when I arrived. We had 11 players today, so we played 5-v-6. I played on the Orange team of 5. It is always hard work when you are outnumbered, and by halftime, we were 3-1 down and I was tiring.  I had been playing in defence, but ranging forward when I got the chance. In the second half, I focussed on the defence. This seemed to work as we kept a clean sheet while starting to score at the far end. The final score was 6-3 to us. It is clear that I have a long way to go before I am back at my fitness levels of last year.

Back home, Diane was concentrating on her latest sewing project. I returned to the 2023 journal and finally sent it off for printing. I noticed that the quick template "lkulu.com" provided for the book covers is being withdrawn at the end of the month. This troubles me because when I publish this 2024 journal, I will want to use the same cover template as I have for all the previous years.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with my book until it was time for dinner. I cooked steak for dinner tonight and while Diane's one was nice, mine was chewy and full of gristle.

No comments: