Search This Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Reset

My day started with the cousins' call. I had come down quietly to install Zoom on the new MacBook so that I could take the call in the kitchen if Diane wanted a lie-in. As it happens, she didn't so I used the iMac as usual.

Diane pointed out that her iPad had been unable to complete the latest software update. It was low on space. I had recently gone through and deleted a lot of junk but needed to clear more additional space. I went through again looking for chunks of storage that could be cleared. Try as I may, I could not clear sufficient space for the update. Plan B was called into action. I did a factory reset on the iPad and rebuilt it from scratch. Further trimming was performed on locally-resident photos and in the end, we had a nice clean build with plenty of space. The update was performed and everything seemed to be hunky-dory.

Oh no, it wasn't! The Logitech keyboard would not pair with the iPad. I read all the advice online, re-read the manual and tried everything I could think of. Nada. The keyboard would not work. At this point, in a fit of pique, I resorted to Plan C. I paired my small, foldable keyboard (the one I used for blogging while we were on the cruise) with the iPad. This worked fine, so for now, we have a working solution. I will have to return to this in the coming days.

We both managed to do some reading this afternoon. I then returned to the new MacBook and edited some more of the 2023 journal.

No comments: