Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2024

Going back, going way back

The storm, ISHA, that caused so much disruption across the country had no impact on us. We heard the wind howling around the chimney and the rain beating against the back of the house but that was the only impact here. I got up soon after 07:00 and made a coffee. At the allotted time I went around to Zoe's so that I could walk to school with her and Ellie,

Back home with breakfast under our belts, Diane returned to her sewing and I buried myself in the study. The balance for the planned River Cruise had to be paid, and the accounts were updated. After that, I returned to the 1970 journal. I started back at the beginning so that I could do the indexing. There is still a way to go, but progress was good.

After lunch, Diane went to the hairdresser and I settled down in the Orangery with my book. It was wonderfully warm in the direct sunshine and I got a couple of hours reading under my belt. As Diane was out, I went along with Zoe to collect Ellie from school. 

Zoe was having problems printing Ellie's homework. They came to us and I managed to get everything printed. Once home, however, Ellie had a meltdown while doing the homework. Grandpa was summoned. After 10 minutes of talking to her quietly and giving her some long silences, she calmed down and came to give me a hug. All was back on an even keel, and I returned home. Since getting home Zoe has sent us a photo of the completed homework. Crisis averted.

No comments: