Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2024

Projects

Ellie was dropped off soon after 07:00. We followed the time-honoured pre-school agenda - breakfast, ablutions, school uniform, and then at the appointed time I walked Ellie to school.

After breakfast, I got on with some chores before retiring to my Study. The editing process for 2023 was picked up where I left it yesterday. May and June were completed before I broke for lunch. Diane, meanwhile was sequestered in her Study, doing further work on the pattern from yesterday.

After lunch, I returned to the editing and completed July and August. I then settled down with my book, in the warmth of the sun-kissed Orangery. I timed it to perfection, turning the last page of the book just as it was time to collect Ellie.

Ellie is learning about the Titanic this term. As a project activity, she is going to make a model of the fated ship. Once she had changed out of her school clothes, she and Diane got stuck into cutting out and painting parts for a model of the sinking ship. It occurred to me that a bowl full of ice might be more appropriate, but that was voted down. They made some good progress before a stop for dinner.

Zoe has just dropped in and collected Ellie.

No comments: