Search This Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Suffering

 It was so nice to get a good night's sleep last night. It was 7:40 before I emerged into a semblance of consciousness. That's the longest I have slept in several weeks.

Diane and I are suffering from pernicious coughs and, in her case, a sore throat. I'm finding it quite exhausting, and I'm sure she is too.

I had my usual chat with the cousins, to start the day. All seemed well with them and we had a good chat. After that, the morning drifted somewhat as I caught up on the news and my emails. Then Di decided to do some tidying up in the Orangery and the corner where we keep rarely used drinks. I helped where relevant and now have a stack of things to return to the garage sometime next week.

The afternoon was spent with our Kindles. There is a very real sense that this year is petering out in this household. It is unlikely that we will screech into the New Year on two wheels singing "Born to be Wild" as we head for the horizon and new adventures. A cup of Lemsip and a blanket may be more appropriate.

No comments: