Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2023

Ooops. Order!

We were up and ready for Ellie to be dropped off. It was clear, when she did arrive, that she was not fit for school. Her temperature kept spiking but a dose of Calpol seemed to bring it back down for a while. Despite feeling rough, she has been a chirpy would throughout the day. We have done jigsaws, written her Christmas cards, played her version of boules with some foam eggs, done pages of sums, played word games with the dictionary, and done pages of spelling. Darren came along to collect her at 17:00 and as long as her temperature remains stable, she should be back at school in the morning. 

Alongside entertaining Ellie, we have refined our Xmas card list - which is always a challenge. I opened up the MacBook to start on this. Nada. Nothing happened. I recharged it. Nothing happened. I tried every trick I could think of but they all failed. I clearly have a dead MacBook. This is not a tolerable situation, but I consol myself that it is very old (but aren't we all?)

 There was nothing for it but to order a new one. After due consideration, I ordered a new MacBook Air which should arrive before Christmas.

No comments: