Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Goal(s)

 We had the usual Ellie drop-off. She had already had breakfast so she was eager to play and to do some reading for school. We let her read and then filled in her progress book before taking her off to class.

Diane had Pilates in Angmering, so I dropped her off on my way through to Worthing for football. We had a good 6-a-side game. I was playing for the Orange team. I opened the scoring having pounced on poor clearance from the yellow goalkeeper and hit it past him before he could react. By halftime we were 3-0 up (including another assist from yours truly). In the second half the yellow team swapped goalies. They started to claw back into the game. It was close run thing, but it ended 5-5 (including my second goal of the day).

I picked Diane up on my way back and we had some lunch before grabbing a quiet hour before collecting Ellie.

I have the football club Xmas Dinner tonight. Hopefully, it will all go smoothly and there will be the bare minimum of arrests.

No comments: