Search This Blog

Friday, December 01, 2023

Just pottering

It had been a sub-zero night. Ellie was dropped off at her usual time and we sorted out her breakfast while she sought Poppy the Elf and told us about her own Elf back home. Once breakfast was finished, Ellie went upstairs to join Nana, brush her teeth, and get her hair done. I whipped outside to start the car and sit in it while the front and rear defrosters did their job. Diane would be going out and I wanted to ensure that she wouldn't be delayed. We walked Ellie to school, and then Diane headed off for some additional cardiac rehab. (This proved to be very low intensity and she has decided to step up to the higher level next week).

While Diane was out, I got on with breakfast and then cleared the family room so that I could steam clean the floors before she got back. The rest of the morning was spent chatting and pottering around until lunch. I took the opportunity to cook a gammon joint, and once it was cooled, I ran it through my slicer for a big plate of ham slices.

We had our usual quiet reading session until it was time to collect Ellie. Today, collection would include a tour of the school's Christmas Fair - this is not my scene, so I left this in Diane's capable hands. Despite the Fair, they were back sooner than expected. Ellie had a mad half hour before Zoe arrived to collect her.

No comments: