Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

Own Bed

I returned to my own bed last night. My cough eased to the point that I felt it unlikely to disturb Diane.

Once I was up and about with caffeine pulsing through my veins I checked on the latest status from DHL regarding my new MacBook. I was delighted to see that it had landed in the UK and was already nestling in the distribution centre in Southampton. At this point, I was hopeful it might get on tomorrow's delivery rounds (though it wasn't due until Wednesday). Within an hour I had a text message saying it would be delivered this morning. This was brilliant. The whole lifecycle has taken less than a week. I ordered it late on Monday afternoon. By Wednesday it had been dispatched from the factory in Chengdu. By Thursday it had cleared customs in China. On Friday it completed its clearance in Hong Kong. On Saturday it was in transit. By Sunday evening it was in the UK and en route for Southampton. At about 11:40 this morning it was handed over by the local courier.

With the new MacBook nestling on the kitchen table, I headed into the village. I had a few more Xmas cards to post and was in dire need of a haircut. I was expecting a wait as schools had broken up and we were in the run-up to Xmas. But no! I walked in and was immediately shown to a chair and processed.

Back home, I turned my attention to the MacBook. I went through the normal setup and then immediately upgraded MacOS from Ventura to Sonoma. Excel and Word were installed and I have a perfectly functioning MacBook

No comments: