Search This Blog

Saturday, December 02, 2023

Early Breakfast

As we prepare for bed, I put out a bowl of cat food for Jasper and load the timed-release bowl to open up for breakfast at about 06:00. Last night it was clear that Jasper wasn't impressed with his late-night supper. He ignored it. This meant that he became hungry overnight. By two-ish, he was mewling and walking all over us. By three he was chanting, walking all over us, and I suspect carrying a placard saying "Feed Me". By 03:30 I had had enough. I went down and opened his breakfast bowl. Within minutes, all was quiet. Fussy little so and so.

I had the usual cousins' call in the morning and then spent the rest of the morning making further refinements to the accounting spreadsheet and learning about a function that I never previously knew; "Formulatext". This has improved the annual set-up for a new year's spreadsheet. It analyses a particular set of formulae and ensures that I have remembered to update them for the current month of the current year. I'm really rather pleased with the way that has worked.

Early afternoon saw the delivery of a new Kindle for Diane.  Her (very) old one was beginning to have problems, so I decided to replace it with the latest model. As usual, it took a little while to get set up. I must say that it seems very crisp and has controls that allow control of the backlight for night reading. Seems quite impressive, so far.

No comments: