Search This Blog

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Dinner and Dentist

I parked on the west bank of the River Arun and took this picture as I walked across the bridge to the venue for the club's Xmas Dinner. We had a good turnout with about 25 or 30 attendees. The Arun View did us proud with an excellent Xmas dinner with all the trimmings. The club paid for the food, but we bought our own drinks. As I had the car, it was cheap. I stuck to water.

I'm sure some club members went to sample the nightlife of Littlehampton as we broke up. I said my goodbyes and wandered back across to the car and was home just after 22:00.

Darren took care of the school run this morning, so we had a quiet start. (Though I do appear to have a mild attack of plantar fasciitis). Ocado delivered a little late so we could not hit Sainsbury's before it was time for us to go into Chichester. Diane had some shopping to do, and I was due at the dentist. I had a few minutes to spare when we arrived, so made the most of it and bought a new tracksuit at Sports Direct. After being given a clean bill of health by the dentist, we met up for a coffee before heading home.

By the time I got home, I was running a full-flood cold that seemed to attack from nowhere. I daren't stray more than a few feet from the box of tissues at present.

Ellie has just broken up for the Xmas holiday, so I suspect we will be seeing her most days now.
 

No comments: