Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Better

Zoe told us that Ellie had slept well, was feeling better and was eager to go to school. I trotted around to the house and we walked Ellie to school as usual.

After some breakfast, I started the unpacking of the decorations.  I had to track down the lights and determine which set goes where. Then I had to wait to find the clips for hanging the lights. Eventually, I was ready. The problem was that it had started to rain. The lights could wait for a break in the weather. The tree was next and was soon standing proudly in the corner of the living room. Diane would spend several hours dressing the tree while I managed to finish the lights between showers.

I got a call from Zoe. She had applied an update to Ellie's Microsoft Surface and seems to have lost most of her icons and the taskbar. I went around to see what I could do to help. After much fiddling, I concluded that I needed to get a clue. I suggested a factory reset and rebuild. She agreed. I have now spent the last several hours doing a factory reset and cleaning the disk before doing a rebuild. The rebuild is now complete and I have set up a new account for Ellie. The taskbar is still blank. The screen looks the same as it did 4 hours ago. Doh! I'm not a happy bunny.

Diane and Kim are out for the evening at the ballet. They have gone to see "The Nutcracker" at Havant.

No comments: