Search This Blog

Friday, December 15, 2023

Shakin’ All Over

Yesterday, as the day wore on, I started to get the shakes and shivers. There were shivers down the backbone, shivers down the thigh bone. In fact, I was shakin’ all over. We decided that it didn’t make sense to share a bed and keep Diane awake with my spluttering and coughing. I moved into Ellie’s room but couldn’t drop off to sleep. After a while, I became aware of an intermittent quiet beeping sound. I put up with it for a couple of hours, then decided I had endured it for long enough. I started hunting the errant device. I wandered around the house. I checked the smoke detectors - they were fine. I eventually narrowed it down to my study. It was our old house phone. The battery was running down but it wasn’t one that I could remove. In the end, I put it in the back of the fridge and shut the door. Silence.

Ellie was dropped off - but we kept her well clear of me. At 09:30 she went to play with her friend Maddie, and stayed with her until early afternoon, when Darren collected her. 

I spent the morning rebuilding Ellie's laptop for the third time. The previous two attempts had made no difference to the problem Zoe originally reported. This time it all burst back into life and seems to have recovered from its sulk.

I went bacl to bed for a while. Diane made a start on the Xmas cards. I should have gone to Sainsbury's but just didn't feel up to it. That will have to wait for tomorrow. Currently, I'm not shivering but if I put my head down, my nose and eyes pour like a bath tap. I'm hoping they will dry up overnight.

No comments: