Search This Blog

Thursday, November 30, 2023

To Sleep Perchance to Dream

I slept well. Very well. My watch/iPhone tells me that I was in bed for 7 Hours and 33 minutes and was asleep for 7 hours and 30 minutes. I do not remember waking at all during the night. I would suggest this analysis is spot-on! Ellie was dropped off soon after 7:00 and was full of beans. It would appear that she had received a letter from Santa and the Elves overnight and was eager to share it with us. She was also excited that a few lonesome snowflakes were drifting down. It was unlikely to come to anything, but it was definitely snow! We dropped her at school and then went home for breakfast and to await Ocado's delivery.

After the shopping was put away, we headed for Sainsbury's. As we approach Christmas it is becoming clear that more and more aisle zombies are escaping from their compounds. It hasn't become desperate yet, but soon I think I will have to go armed with a bat wrapped in barbed wire. It may seem extreme, but I think it is fair. If you insist on blocking the aisles with your trolley and wandering away to seek food or to chat with friends, then you have brought it on yourselves. No court would convict me.

We had our usual quiet time after lunch. Diane has now finished her latest book and I am halfway through mine. It was bleak and cold, so at 15:00 I told Diane to stay put in the warm and I went to collect Ellie. She was her usual chirpy self and was particularly pleased to have scored 100% on her latest test. She wasn't with us for too long as Darren came to collect her soon after 16:00.

No comments: