Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Unhinged

 I had a more relaxing start to the day, but after a coffee and reading the news, I went to walk Ellie to school. Back home I had some breakfast and caught up on some admin.

I pre-ordered some railway tickets yesterday. These have to be collected at some point and, though there is a couple of weeks before my trip, today is a good time to do that. I plugged my audiobook into my ears, donned my sunglasses and walked into Bognor Regis to the railway station. It's a nice stroll (just under 3 km). Tickets were collected, and I headed back home. It had been a pleasant hour.

Back home, I downloaded some more audiobooks to the iPhone.

This afternoon, we went around to Zoe's. Diane was going to sort out her front garden. I was there to fit the doors to Ellie's new wardrobe. This should have been easy. There were 4 doors and each had 4 locations for hinges. The problem was only 9 hinges had been supplied. Zoe headed off to Toolstation to try and get some more hinges and returned with some spares. The spares were too deep and didn't fit. Ultimately, I resorted to Plan B and only fitted 2 hinges to each door. This worked well.

I managed to get a little Kindle time before dinner.

No comments: