Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2024

Delivery

 It was chilly overnight, in fact, the heating switched on briefly. I was up just before seven and went down for a coffee and some quality time with the news. Di dropped back to sleep and I had to wake her when I went to wash and dress before heading to Zoe's. We took Ellie to school and then Zoe rushed off to work while I headed home for breakfast.

The morning saw various domestic chores completed and then Diane had a telephone call with Denise. I headed out for a walk. It was while I was at the far end of the walk that I got a phone call from Zoe. A delivery driver had arrived at her house wanting to deliver a new wardrobe for Ellie. She had asked him to wait while I went to receive the parcel. The problem was that I was at least 10-15 minutes away. I charged along and arrived at the house. He was sitting in his cab, waiting. I had to explain that I needed a few more minutes to go and collect the keys. I zipped home and back and then we struggled to lift the package into the house. A sticker claimed it weighed 20 kg, I would estimate that it was at least 60 kg.

Back home, Diane was still on the phone... but that was no surprise.

After lunch, we had some Kindle time before Diane had to take Jasper off to the vet for his latest checkup. I had to stay behind so that I could collect Ellie from school. Back home, Ellie finished decorating a T-shirt for Monday's "Maths Day" before Pete came to collect her for the weekend.


No comments: