Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Alarmed

 There was no need for an alarm this morning. Nothing would encourage us to get out of bed until we were good and ready. Murphy's Law came into play. By 06:00 I was wide awake and by 06:30 I was getting fidgety. So at 06:31, I was in the kitchen making coffee before settling down to read the news.

Diane came down at a more civilized 08:00 as I went up to shower and dress. It being Saturday, I had my call with the cousins. This was the usual 40 minutes of banter and teasing. Despite rumours, it seems that Tim's recent trip to Corfu had not been paid for by Party Donors.

The rest of the morning was filled with troubleshooting the TV Soundbar - which is now working, the TV network link - which is now working, and the underfloor central heating - which does not appear to be working. In the end, I took various photos and sent them to my pet heating engineer so that he could come up with a solution before the temperatures drop too far.

I had ordered some clothing from M&S and they texted to let me know it was ready for collection at our local store. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for a walk. I grabbed an empty rucksack, plugged my AirPods into my ears and set off. I was out for about an hour, covering some 6 km. This took me over the 80 km mark for the month (so that's over 50 miles)... and I only started after the first 10 days or so. I was feeling smug.

While I was walking, Diane was pottering in the front garden.

The afternoon saw some Kindle time and then I cooked up a batch of curry for the next few weeks.

No comments: