Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2024

Maths

 We were up early so that Ellie could be dropped off. Today they had a special "Maths Day" at school and the children were asked to wear something maths-related. Ellie had decorated a t-shirt with simple arithmetic formulae and the "I Love Maths" slogan. I also printed out a sheet of random formulae and graphs for her to take into class. (I did look for my Maths A-Level papers for her, but couldn't find them in time).


Back home, and after breakfast we got on with some domestic chores. Once they were finished, Diane pottered in the garden and went out for a walk. I made the mistake of wearing a sweater which really wasn't needed. I was very warm by the time I had been going for a while.

I walked around the lake and then up to North Bersted Street where I turned towards Shripney and followed the old highway through the village and across the bypass. I don't think I saw another soul on this section of the walk. Back closer to home, I did see several dog walkers.

I had a new audiobook plugged into my ears. The book "Twisted Wing" has started well and will provide good company on my walks.

The afternoon saw some Kindle time, though Diane continued to potter in the garden. We went to collect Ellie from the after-school Drama Club and took her home. Zoe got in soon after and we left them to it.

No comments: