Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2024

Fixed

We had a very long chat with Kim last night. She had had a day off and was just walking home from a meeting with a friend. She brought us up to date with all of the comings and goings during her first few days at Uni. This week was the induction week. Classes start properly next week.

We were up early so that Ellie could be dropped off. We had the usual start with breakfast, ablutions, and then some quiet time before we took I took her off to school. As the forecast suggested that we would have showers throughout the day, I decided to take a longer walk home before sitting down for breakfast. There were various domestic chores to clear first thing, but then I was able to get back out to continue my earlier walk. 

Back home we had some Kindle time. The doorbell rang. It was the postman with my replacement broadband router. I spent the rest of the afternoon installing and then connecting all my various to the router. The only problem I had was with the control unit for the new central heating boiler. This took several attempts and a call to Ross (our tame engineer). He suggested powering down and resetting the boiler and the control unit.  It was a great relief to see it all burst back into life.

No comments: