Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Disaster

There has been a great deal of flooding across the country. We had more rain overnight, but there is no flooding in this area. I was up and about early and walked around to Zoe's to accompany Ellie to school.

At this point, there was no inkling of the impending disaster.

I returned home for breakfast as Diane changed and prepared to head to Angmering for Pilates. As she left I finished reading the news and caught up on the accounts. With more rain scheduled, I decided that if I was going for a walk, I had to do it this morning. My AirPods were plugged into my ears and I headed out into the grey morning.

At this point, there was still no sign of the impending disaster.

I clicked off another 5 kilometres and finished my latest book. As I returned home, it started to rain and I got through the door just as the skies opened.

I sat down to check some mail. Disaster. While I was out, our Broadband had failed. I checked everything that I could think of and then called EE. EE checked a few things and decided that the problem needed a visit from OpenReach. They are scheduled to call tomorrow afternoon. Until then we have to tether to our phones.

Diane returned from Pilates - the first session for many months. She said how much she had enjoyed it and is looking forward to next week's session.

We were invited to attend the Medical Centre for our Covid-19 jabs in the next few weeks. We have booked the jabs for a couple of weeks time.

No comments: