Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Updates

 Yesterday evening we received a call from Zoe. Ellie was tired and really didn't want to get up early this morning, so could she come and sleep here. She is always welcome, so unexpectedly, Ellie slept here last night and we were able to switch off our wake-up alarms. Despite this, I was still up before seven and had about half an hour before anyone else emerged.

We walked Ellie to school and then came home for breakfast. When I had cleared away, I started upgrading the various Mac devices. With IOS 18 being released overnight, and MacOS Sequoia also released I worked my way through the iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, and iMac. It took a while but went very smoothly. There seem to be a number of really nice little additions and I suspect it will take a few days before I get to grips with all the features.

Ian brought us a barrowload of Scottish cobbles for the rill. They only cover a metre, but look as if they will be a suitable long-term solution. Once I had put them in the rill, I headed off for a walk before lunch.

After lunch, we had some Kindle time before going to collect Ellie from school. We stopped off at the park on the way back so that she could let off some steam before coming home to get her homework done. Zoe arrived to collect her about an hour later.

No comments: