Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Sounds, Streams, and Music

 For some reason, I was again awake early. I got up soon after 06:30 and started the day with a coffee and the overnight news. While I was reading some articles discussing music streaming, it occurred to me that I could switch my current music service from Amazon Music Unlimited to Apple Music.

The idea seemed straightforward enough. It wasn't quite as easy as I expected. The new service fired up and allowed me to download and stream music, but I found it remarkably difficult to incorporate my existing library of ripped CDs. Eventually, I got it to work, but it did take several hours. The next job was to extend the family sharing so that Diane could get access to the music from her iPhone and iPad.

This exercise has taken most of the day, and there is more to do over the next few days. I must say the sound quality seems very good.

No comments: