Search This Blog

Friday, August 23, 2024

Scribble

 Ellie slept well. She woke soon after 07:00 but was happy to stay in bed with her iPad for a further hour or so. I got up and had some coffee while reading the news. Zoe came to collect Ellie soon after 09:00. She has a day off today, so G-Force could stand down.

I spent much of the morning doing unrelated items of admin... one of which was a second attempt to cancel my Amazon Music Prime subscription. I thought I had done this several weeks ago, but it seems that I missed a final confirmation button. I didn't miss it today. I also received notification of our annual insurance renewal, so I went through that in fine detail. I have a couple of minor modifications to make, but I was pleased to see that it has actually gone down!

I mentioned GoodNotes yesterday. I spent an hour or two watching YouTube videos explaining its features while I tried them out. There is so much in the app that it will take a while to become really proficient, but my objective was to find something that may be useful for Kim.

Talking of useful things, yesterday I ordered a new screen protector for the iPad. This turned up during the afternoon but I haven't fitted it and tried it yet. It is branded PaperLike and has microdots on the surface which reduce the glare on the screen and, more importantly, give the screen a paper-like feel when using the Apple pencil to write or draw. I will probably fit this tomorrow and see how well it performs. 

I must say that the last couple of days of research have involved a great deal of writing and drawing with the Apple pencil and I am very impressed with the ability of the software (Scribble) to translate my handwriting into text. In fact, this sentence was written with Scribble which converted my handwriting.

Ellie is staying with us overnight again tonight. By staying here, she won’t have to get up early as Zoe heads to work. (And more to the point, we won't either).

No comments: