Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2024

Circuit Dead, there's Something wrong.

 As part of the new regime, the alarm went off at 06:30 so that Zoe could drop Ellie off on her way to work. Clearly, Ellie had only just woken up and on arrival went straight upstairs and got back into bed until she had woken properly.

Once breakfast was over and morning ablutions had been completed, Diane and Ellie went clothes shopping. I stayed behind and got on with some tasks around the kitchen. They were gone for an hour or so and Ellie came back with several warmer outfits for the autumn months.

This afternoon I took Ellie out to the park.She played for a while and met up with a lad from her class at school, Jaxson (yes, I know about the spelling). He was being tormented by his elder sister and her friends, so he was delighted to see Ellie who immediately became protective. From the first park, we moved on to the park by her school. She didn't play for too long and we headed home. There we had to play restaurants. Grandpa was the chef and had to write the menu, Di was the customer, and Ellie the server. As the orders came through, I had to concoct imaginary dishes such as Crab and Chorizo, Prawn Coctail, Tomahawk Steak with Chips and carrots, and to finish Ice Cream and Chips, or Chesse and Soap! This seemed to keep her occupied  until it was time to take her to the Optician for her check-up. 

We've just finished dinner and as I started to write this, we had our circuit breakers shutdown half of the house. I have been through and switched each circuit back on until I found the offender. It appears that the circuit feeding the gas hob is at fault. I will need to get someone in to look at this, meanwhile relying on the Air Fryer and the Microwave. I think I now understand how Major Tom felt.

No comments: