Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2024

Orangery

It was a little cooler this morning, but still bright and sunny. We did get some cloud cover on and off throughout the day, but at least we didn't get any rain.

Today was our 51st Wedding Anniversary. They have been wonderful years and I hope for 51 more. She has been a saint, putting up with me for so long. She is my best friend, my inspiration, my love, and we have such fun... though at some point we may have to grow up.

We had to pop out during the morning. There was a box to take to the Charity Shop, and we had to pick up some vouchers from Next. As we arrived home, we found Matt was just unloading his equipment to complete the cleaning of the Orangery. His wife was with him to hold the ladder and pass the equipment back and forth. They were with us for several hours as they cleaned the roof glass, the vinyl, and the gutters. It does look very smart now that it is finished.

I had a nice long chat with Kim this afternoon. She had called back to wish us a Happy Anniversary and to discuss the research we had both done into the choice of laptop for her upcoming university course. We finally agreed on a MacBook and at the end of the chat, I ordered one - a clone of my own. It should arrive in a couple of weeks.

No comments: