Search This Blog

Sunday, August 04, 2024

Lengths

 It was good to get to bed last night and we slept well, though I did have to switch off the air conditioning as it was getting too cold. I snuck out of bed before eight and found that Millie was already sitting by the pool. I dived into the pool and spent a pleasant 30 minutes ploughing up and down. Slowly, everyone else emerged and started a quiet day by, or in, the pool.


I settled down with my book, having found a shady spot with a pleasant cooling breeze. The temperature was in the low 30s but seemed quite intense.  I stayed put in the shade all day whilst others made the most of the sun. Ellie spent the whole day in the pool or being basted with sun cream. It was beautifully relaxing and I think we all enjoyed it.

Darren and Jon went down into town for some "supplies" this morning. Jon was driving the motorbike and Darren clung to his back. They managed to have a look around the town and gather various beers and bottles of wine.

As the peak of the heat died away, I returned to the pool for some more lengths. It's been a long time since I've been swimming and it was such a pleasure to be back in the water.

We decided to get the evening dinner delivered. This was a lengthy process of getting agreement on what everyone wanted to eat and then finding a restaurant that could cater for the various choices.


No comments: