Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Nil by Mouth

 Jasper has been "Nil by Mouth" since 21:00 last night so we were expecting a disturbed night. As it happened, he was very good until about 05:00 this morning when he started break-dancing all over us as he sang a series of melodies made famous by Vanilla Ice and M.C. Hammer. Once we were finally up and about we took him along to the Vets. This would be the second attempt to get his teeth checked, scaled, and polished. This would be done under anaesthetic so we wouldn't be needed until he had recovered.

Back home we finished our breakfast and completed the weekly shopping list before heading off to raid Sainsbury's. We were back in time for the arrival of the electrician. I had summoned him after the hob tripped a circuit breaker on Monday. Under his guidance, I re-engaged the breaker for the hob. There was no blinding flash, no ominous click. On testing, the hob worked perfectly. "Had you cleaned the hob?" he asked. I admitted that I had. "You probably dripped water into one of the starters." Suitably chastened, I swore I would never clean the hob again. The electrician left. I'm sure he was muttering and shaking his head.

We were summoned by the Vet and went to collect Jasper at 17:00. He has returned with various medications, and must go back for a check-up next week. Since getting him home, he has eaten heartily and strolled around the house, checking that we hadn't changed anything in his absence.

I popped into Shripney to grab a cheeky Nando's to bring home for the two of us. (I didn't get any for Jasper).

No comments: