Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Nice try

Ellie was dropped off soon after 07:00, so it was an early start. She was hungry all day and just kept grazing. It's a good job she is so active!

My phone pinged from an unfamiliar number

"Dad save this new number"  was the text.

I may be paranoid, but we have 2 children, so which child was it? (I was suspicious)

"Who is this?" I replied.

There was a very long pause.

"Your eldest and favourite" was the eventual reply.

Nah! I can't see my elder child changing her phone number - though she may well change her phone.

"Because there is a scam going around at present... what is your middle name (sorry I'm paranoid)." I responded. 

Believe it or not, that seemed to end the conversation. The phone number is now blocked. Beware.

Once the scam was dealt with, we completed the week's shopping list and headed for Sainsbury's. Ellie was in charge of the trolley and the zapper. So we hustled here and there, filled the trolley with all that we would need for the next week and headed home.

I strolled into the village to get my hair cut and offered to take Ellie to the park, but she wasn't interested. She just wanted to spend time with Nana. As a result, she did some reading and practised her times tables.

This evening we walked back into the village with Trudy and Ian. We went to the new Indian Restaurant "Hungry the Jungle". We had a lovely meal from a menu that was quite different from the usual fare. The staff were charming (if a little overwhelmed) and the food was excellent. I had some garlic prawns to start and was surprised at the size of the portion. It was really big enough for two. I followed this with  Chicken Chetinad (which I had never previously heard of). This was lovely tender chicken in a rich masala. Ian, however, hit paydirt with the Chicken Shashlick which came on a sizzling plate and was a mountain of chicken on top of a pile of onions, peppers, and so forth. The portion was so large that he ended up sharing it with us.

We were home just before 21:00 and had a quiet hour in front of the TV before coming up to bed.


No comments: