Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's Day

 It is Father's Day and I woke up to a very bright and pleasant morning. We were expecting the girls (and Jon) for lunch so once ablutions and breakfast were complete, I started on lunch preparations. I had a large leg of lamb that needed to be roasted along with all the trimmings.

The girls turned up at midday and I was treated to a couple of new shirts and a bottle of spiced black rum (which I will have to put away, as it will be a great temptation). I am a very lucky man.

While Kim entertained Ellie (who was practising on roller skates), Zoe took over the final stages of lunch preparation. Jon had been explaining the latest project they are working on which involves building components for a forthcoming world water speed record attempt. It sounds very interesting and has an accompanying video on YouTube (search for ThrustWSH).

After lunch, we had a quiet hour or so in the garden before the girls all left.

We had a quiet evening watching the England -vs- Serbia football from the Euros.

No comments: