Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2024

EE by gum

 Ellie was dropped off soon after seven and settled down for breakfast before going to wash and dress.  We took her to school at the usual time and wandered back for breakfast.

I had niggle. It is moderately simple to find a mid-point for two couples to meet up. It is slightly more complicated when there are three. When, however, there are more participants how do you find a meeting point? The answer, according to AI is to calculate the average latitude and longitude of their starting points. How do you do this? Using What3Words I could easily convert an address to Lat/Long coordinates. Then I could calculate the average latitude and average longitude. Finally, I can convert this point back to a W3W location and view it on a map. I had to download a W3W Excel extension, but once I had activated it, the code was written in no time.

We had our usual trip to Sainsbury's and arrived before the Zombies had been delivered. This meant the whole shopping experience was much quicker and much easier.

The afternoon started with some Kindle time but then the doorbell started to ring at regular intervals as various deliveries arrived. The important one was the EE TV set-top boxes. I unpacked the main box and installed it without a problem. We seem to have everything we wanted. I'll give it a few days and if there are no problems, I'll ditch Sky. I installed the mini-box in the kitchen. That also was trouble-free. I'm impressed so far.

As I write this, the England -vs- Denmark game is in progress and I'm trying my hardest not to shout and scream at the inept performance to which we are being treated. It's the hope that kills you!

No comments: