Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Oops, I did it again

 Ellie arrived soon after 07:00. After breakfast and morning ablutions she came down to finish the project where she was making a shield. We removed the masking tape, finished shaping the shield, and then added gold tape. Unfortunately, it was raining by the time we set out for school - we had to wrap the shield in plastic so that the paint would not run.

In the background, I was looking at the possible keyboards that I could get for Diane's new iPad. I have found a couple, but they are not cheap and there is no colour option other than dark grey. I need to think about this a bit further.

We had the usual shopping trip to Sainsbury's and were duly soaked when we left the store at 11:30. Back home we started to unload, and then I popped across to the school to give Ellie her ear spray.

I was just starting lunch when the front doorbell rang. We were not expecting anything, or so I thought. Another iPad was delivered. Oops. It was an accident, honestly. I should explain. When I tried to order Diane's iPad the order seemed to go through the process, but later I received a message to say the Bank had declined the payment from that account. I thought no more about it and re-ordered from a different account. The new order was fulfilled yesterday... and I continued to receive messages saying the payment was declined on the original account. I (incorrectly) assumed the order would be cancelled. It wasn't. The debit was finally applied and today another iPad arrived. So, what to do? After some thought, I decided to keep it and recycle my old iPad.

Talking of recycling, I have started to rebuild Diane's old iPad for Ellie. I was thinking of recycling my old iPad for Kim.

No comments: