Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2024

Star the Work

I was up and about before Ellie surfaced. She had slept well and was bright, bubbly, and ready to rock. Diane had to prepare for her post-rehab exercise session so I took Ellie to school. She disappeared into class, and I took a short walk before breakfast. By the time I got home, Diane had already left.

I had some admin to clear and a few domestic chores to complete and was just finishing up as Diane arrived home. It was time to go for a proper walk. There was no need for a jacket as the sun was out and the sky was clear. I strode out and zig-zagged around the neighbourhood. An hour later I arrived home, with another 6 km under my belt... this took me over 100 km for October.

After lunch, we settled down for some Kindle time until I could collect Ellie. She bounced out of class bearing the Headmistress's Award badge and the Star of the Week award. She has done really well and we have made sure she knows how proud we are of her.

Once home and changed, Diane took Ellie to Sainsbury's. They have a clothing sale, and Di wanted to get some additional gear for her to keep at our house.

No comments: