Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Repeat

 After a poor night's sleep, I wandered downstairs for a coffee soon after seven. Di followed me down at eight. We had a quiet and leisurely breakfast before we set about the day.

For me, the first items on the agenda were administrative. Zoe now has her replacement bank account and card so I had to transfer the balance of her old account back to her. While dealing with finances, I also updated our accounts. I then had some domestic chores as Diane started on her schedule of work which focused on blitzing the Orangery. We now have so much detritus in the garage that we need to get the skip man in to clear it in a single load.

I headed off for a walk. I selected an Ian Ranking "Rebus" novel as my audiobook, but realised that I had heard it before, but forgot to mark it as "Finished". I'll have to select another book before my next walk.

Back home, the radiator that I recently purchased for the Orangery had kicked into life and was taking the edge of the cool day. After lunch, while not warm, it was comfortable enough to have some Kindle time before I started on the Sunday roast.

E~llie has been with Pete at the weekend but is home now. She just knocked on our door because she wanted a cuddle from Grandpa and Nana. That is something we can always accommodate.

No comments: