Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2024

Monitoring

We received a call from Trevor. Jane had been suffering from some heart discomfort. She spent much of yesterday at the Royal Berks Hospital, having blood tests, ECGs and so forth. Eventually, she was allowed home but will have to wear a monitor for a few days. It was a worry... but it was good to hear from her today and hear that she's feeling more stable and her blood pressure has lowered.

I was up early to greet Ellie when she was dropped off. She was very chatty and chirpy and eager to get to school. We walked her around at 08:30 and left her as she ran into class. I went for a short, gentle walk. Unfortunately, my knee was still proving troublesome.

Diane had an appointment for her annual MOT at the doctor's surgery. When she got back, we headed off to Sainsbury's for the weekly shop.

After lunch, we had some Kindle time. I finished the first of the Chichester mysteries and must say that it was an excellent book. I have just started on the second book. (At this time, there are only two in the series).

Mid-afternoon, I went out for another walk. Again, I kept a gentle pace and limited my distance to monitor the impact. My knee was still unstable but by reducing the pace and distance, it wasn't too bad. So far this month, I have walked over 75 miles.

No comments: