Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2024

Lie in

 I slept particularly well last night and treated myself to a long lie-in. It was nearly 07:20 before I emerged and fired up the coffee maker. I caught up on the overnight news and then, once Di had come down, I treated myself to some breakfast and prepared for the call with the Empson cousins.

The Zoom call followed the usual pattern of banter and news combined with various discussions about issues, plans, and family. It all seemed to come to an end so quickly. 

During the morning Di and I walked into the village. She had a birthday present and a card to post and collected her latest batch of meds. We took it gently, but even still I found my knee was quite unstable. I decided that I wouldn't venture back out once we got home.

We had some Kindle time after lunch before Di started on some Goldwork and went to cook up a new batch of curry. I must say that the few "on the fly" tweaks that I made to my usual recipe were very successful and the finished article was delicious. Better still, I have three further portions tucked away in the freezer for the next few weeks.

No comments: