Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2024

An Armful

 We were up early to greet Ellie as she was dropped off. She was in a bubbly mood and exploded into the house, greeted Grandpa and ran upstairs to get Nana. When the clock ticked around to 08:30, I took her to school and left her in the classroom before going on for a few laps of the lake (walking, not swimming) before breakfast.

Mid-morning, I grabbed my shoes and waterproof coat as I had an appointment at the Doctor's surgery. Despite the promises of the weather forecast, it was still raining. I told myself that it was only water and decided to walk there. I arrived in plenty of time and waited until the phlebotamist was ready for me. I was only having a blood test to check on things like sugar and cholesterol levels. I was in and out within a few minutes and started on the walk back. The rain had stopped, so I added an extra loop onto the more direct loop.

The afternoon was spent with our Kindles, though Diane went to collect Ellie after her Drama Club and took her straight home.

No comments: