Search This Blog

Sunday, October 06, 2024

Annoying

 It's annoying to wake up early when there is no pressing need to greet the day. I wandered down the stairs soon after seven. Coffee was first on the agenda with a side order of tea for Diane. I read the overnight news and checked the weather. The forecast suggested some light rain mid-morning then nothing significant until late afternoon. This was my cue.


I headed out for a walk, a new audiobook was getting started as I headed around the lake, through the dark side and back towards the path behind the school. Ultimately, I decided to turn left and head down North Bersted Street and across the bypass before continuing to Shripney.

It was a lovely walk. It wasn't too cold, and wasn't too warm - it was ideal walking weather. The fine rain never materialised as I marched on. I do like this route as there are some lovely little cottages and houses along the way.

When I reached the junction with the A29, I turned around and retraced my steps. I like the peace and solitude of this route, whereas the alternative would have been cursed by the continuous sound of the traffic.

Diane has spent much of the day switching from her summer to her winter wardrobe. I provided regular infusions of tea, but otherwise left her to it. I spent some time with my Kindle before starting to prepare dinner.

It's very noticeable that the sun's daylight shift seems to be ending earlier and earlier. I suppose Night will be claiming overtime before long.

No comments: