I was up early, ready for Ellie's drop-off. She bounced into the house, gave me a cuddle and then went up to Nana, as usual. The first part of the morning followed the usual pattern. It was only school time that things changed. Ellie kissed us goodbye and headed off into the morning to walk to school by herself. Grandpa gave her a few minutes, then he set off for his walk, which just happened to run parallel to Ellie's route. She saw me as she approached the school gates and gave me a wave and a big smile. She's all grown up!
When I arrived back from my walk, I grabbed a coffee and a light breakfast, then completed the week's shopping list. As soon as Di was ready, we headed off to Sainsbury's, where everything went smoothly until we got to the checkout. There, we were selected for a full trolley scan, and when that was complete, we couldn't pay at the self-checkout. It turns out that its card reader was broken.
Back home, Lottie was in full flow, and we chatted while putting the shopping away. Then we left her to finish up, and then settled down for a quiet afternoon. Di spent the afternoon sorting up her study, while I returned to my project.
At the end of the school day, we used our phones to track Ellie as she left school. It was good to know she was on radar!
No comments:
Post a Comment