Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2026

In and Out

I was up early. We didn't have Ellie this morning, but I was awake anyway. It was a lazy start, but I did have to complete the shopping list. With the family coming for lunch on Sunday and Denise visiting next week, we had to get our plans together, and the shopping list needed to accommodate them.

It was quite wet, and I couldn't be bothered to put on my wet weather gear, so there was no walk this morning. Once we were both presentable, we headed to Sainsbury's. It took quite a while to complete the shopping, and the trolley was groaning as we headed for the checkout. By the time we got home and had put everything away, the morning had disappeared.

After a light lunch, Di prepared some nibbles: samosas, sausages, and quiche for an afternoon tea that she was attending in Rustington. She set off and left me in Jasper's capable paws. I managed to get in a bit of Kindle time before Ellie turned up after school. With Zoe working until 21:00 tonight and Di not expected back until six-ish, I was trusted to be the responsible adult!  Ellie was in and out a bit, but was trackable on her phone. When she was in, she had Poppy in tow. They seemed to be playing some game whereby Ellie was a hotel recptionist, and Poppy was a guest. It was really quite funny to listen to them as they played their respective roles.

I made some dinner for Ellie and me. We had some chicken drumsticks in a crispy crumb. Ellie had some skinny chips with it, and I heated up a UFO (Unidentified Frozen Object), which turned out to be a curry. Nana arrived back soon after we had finished and cleared away.

Around 19:00, we walked Ellie home and stayed with her until Zoe got in.

No comments: