I was up well before seven. Diane and Ellie were still away with the fairies as I brewed my coffee and waited to hear movement upstairs. They had both emerged by 7:30, and everything kicked into gear. Zoe, who had been away overnight because of work in Leatherhead, managed to get back here in time to see Ellie potter off to school.
While Di got ready, I spent some time finishing the shopping list and re-creating some of the Google photo albums. Once Di was ready, we raided Sainsbury's. There seemed to be a lot of zombies there today. Several times I found myself catching the eye of some chap or other as we tried to compete as to how far we could roll our eyes or shake our heads in disbelief.
Back home, we had the usual banter with Lottie as she was finishing upstairs. Once everything was stowed away, I returned to the Photo Library where I spent much of the afternoon. Mid-afternoon, Di met up with Zoe to go to Ellie's school for the parents' Year 5 welcome briefing. I went to a neighbour's who is about to go away for 3 weeks and needed a key holder. This involved not just a bunch of keys, but also a briefing on how their security system worked. I took notes, but I hope they won't be needed.
Back home, while I cooked dinner, Di raided the fridge and checked the dates on everything in there. Anything that had passed its scheduled date was ruthlessly binned; the jars were cleaned, and they were put out for recycling.
No comments:
Post a Comment