Jasper was yelling at 01:15 this morning. In the end, I had to get up. For some reason, the beef he had been eating for weeks was no longer satisfactory, and he wanted the timed feed tray opened so that he could tuck into the turkey. I wandered downstairs, cursed a lot, opened the timed feeder, and went back to bed. I finally emerged from the duvet at my usual time and went down for my coffee. Once Di had emerged, I went to wash and dress and then set off for my morning walk.
By the time I got back, an hour or so later, Denise was also up, and so we made more coffee and warmed some croissants, which we ate with some cheese. Once everything was settled and cleared away, we headed out. Today's venue was the Weald and Downland Museum at Singleton.
We started our tour with a visit to the brick drying sheds, the bakery, and the watermill. The baker and the miller were incredibly interesting as they explained the process and the history of their buildings.
We carried on to the barn that hosts "The Repair Shop". I was amused to see that the sign that advertises the venue is in serious need of repair, as the introductory "The" wouldn't illuminate.
We carried on and looped through the market square and then on to a number of cottages, a schoolroom, and a farm. It was really quite delightful, very peaceful, and the ideal venue for today's trip.
We stopped at the restaurant for a coffee and a sandwich (or slice of cake) and then returned by way of the shop.
We headed home to ensure we were in before Ellie came out of school. Once she had arrived, she spent the next couple of hours grazing on every food group she could think of. She also, to be fair, came to help me prepare dinner. Zoe turned up soon after 17:00 and took Ellie home. It was timed to perfection, as our dinner was just coming out of the oven and the air fryer as they left.
No comments:
Post a Comment