I was up before seven, and as Di had her Cardiac Rehab this morning, she wasn't far behind me. Having cleaned up the present Jasper had left overnight, I made the coffee and tea and settled down with the news. Once the coffee was finished, I went to wash and dress and then set off on my morning walk. It was a delightful morning. The sun was out, it was about 16C and there was no wind. My audiobook kept me company and is rapidly approaching the climax.
Di headed off for her session just as I arrived home. I settled down with some breakfast and another coffee and looked at the results of the overnight scans of the photo library. The scans had worked, but the results were not what I had expected. It took a couple of hours to get to the bottom of the problem, but once the error was cleared, everything started to work as designed. Indeed, I would now conclude that the whole exercise is complete and I have a fully functional Photo Library manager running at home. Now, you may argue that I have spent an inordinate amount of time on this, but the reality is that I have between 50 and 80 thousand photos, filed by date and numerous Google Albums showing collections of the online versions of these photos. I wanted to ensure that I was not dependent on Google or Apple and that my own library was just as complete and fully backed up locally. I will probably go through and polish the documentation for each of the routines I have written, but other than that, I think I'm done.
We had a quiet afternoon in the Orangery with our Kindles. I finished the book that I started yesterday, and have downloaded four or five more.
No comments:
Post a Comment