It has been a quiet day. I was up before seven, took Di a cup of tea, and settled down with a coffee and the overnight news. Di wandered down at eight, and I went to shower and dress. I had my call with the cousins at nine. The call was sparse today. With Tim and Sarah away on their cruise, it seemed remarkably quiet!
After the call, I got on with a few chores, then buried myself in the study. I had been struggling with the number of photos in the new library system that had lost their orientation. They needed to be rotated by 90, 180, or 270 degrees. I could find no way to identify them automatically, but came up with the idea of creating 3 separate albums (one for each correction), Then, as I came across any photo that needed to be rotated, I just dropped it into the relevant album. Finally, I wrote some code that examined each of the albums and applied the corrections to each of the photos in the album... and then removed them from the album. It works like a dream, and I have already applied several hundred corrections.
I managed to go out for a walk after lunch, and finished my audiobook within the first 100 metres. I already had another lined up, so I switched to the new one and continued on my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment