Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 09, 2026

A Birthday

 I was up soon after 6:30. We didn't see Ellie this morning as Zoe had a late start, and Ellie was able to leave from home. Once I was caffeinated, showered and dressed, I went out for my walk. It was a bit cooler today, and was very comfortable for walking (there is still no need for a jacket of any description).

Once home, with breakfast finished and cleared away, I sat down to catch up on some admin before starting on a pile of ironing. Di was insistent that she could stand comfortably now, and she would finish the pile. I settled down for some coding until lunchtime.

After lunch, we had a quiet afternoon in the Orangery until Ellie and Poppy turned up for dinner. Then it got a bit noisy for an hour or so, until I took Poppy home. Having said that, even now, the two of them are chatting away on FaceTime or WhatsApp. (Ellie is staying with us overnight tonight as Zoe has an early start tomorrow.)

Today was Jon's birthday. He had taken the day off, and he and Kim went to Tangmere Military Aviation Museum. They have just been on the phone to say what a brilliant museum it is and is a "must-do". Jon even had a go in the English Electric Lightning simulator. They spent a couple of hours or so touring the exhibits before going to Arundel to visit the castle, and then on to The Black Rabbit for lunch. It sounds like Jon had a wonderful birthday.

No comments: