I was up early again. I hadn't slept well and have no idea why.
The family were all arriving to celebrateKim's birthday. There was much to do. We worked through our mental checklists and, slowly, everything came together. Banners were put up, the table was prepared, and I worked out the timings for lunch preparations. Wine and beer were loaded into the fridges. We were poised and ready.
Zoe popped by to drop off some stuff, and then disappeared again. Kim and Jon turned up, so the celebrations were on the starting grid.
Once Zoe and Ellie returned, we were ready to launch.
We had sourced an inflatable frame for the photos and had great fun as we all took our turns with the birthday girl.
I particularly liked this photo with "my girls". Don't get me wrong, Jon was there too, but (like me) he isn't quite as photogenic as the girls.By mid-afternoon, everyone had gone. Di and I settled in the Orangery with our Kindles (which were not heavily used).
It was nearly seven before we stirred and moved ourselves to the lounge.
It had been a lovely day.
No comments:
Post a Comment